July 9, 2008

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday

Wednesday comes and I'm feeling bluish and don't want to do anything. I took Clay this morning to a skatepark in Allen, heard lots of boys say to my 7 year old, "How do you do that?" "Wow, how old are you?" "You get so much air when you launch yourself over the lip!" He amazes us with his ability to roll on anything with wheels. He started roller blading, skateboarding, biking when he was about 2 and hasn't stopped. The scooter is his favorite to do tricks with, but tricks come naturally to him on all wheels. When we got home the boys left for a waterpark with friends, and I'm left alone to sit and read or get my butt up and clean something(but who wants to do that?) I've got to finish going through my teacher binder to find out what I get to teach some 7th graders, but I just can't do any more right now.

I chanced onto a Max Lucado reading and thought I would share: Contentment: Satisfied? That is one thing we are not. We are not satisfied...We take a vacation of a lifetime...We satiate ourselves with sun, fun, and good food. But we are not even on the way home before we dread the end of the trip and begin planning another. We are not satisfied. Contentment is a difficult virtue. Why? Because there is nothing on earth that can satisfy our deepest longing. We long to see God. The leaves of life are rustling with the rumor that we will--and we won't be satisfied until we do. "Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks". Philippians 4:6
Thank you God for my husband, my two boys, my family and friends, for a house to live in and jobs to work. For all things I give thanks.
Have you given thanks today?

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

Thanks for this!

miri68 said...

You're welcome!