May 29, 2008

Thursday.......


Well today is Tristan's graduation day from 5th grade. I really can't believe he is already graduating. He is such a sweet boy and growing into a wonderful young man. I don't miss those days of diapering, nursing, diapering, sleeping, diapering, nursing, etc. He has passed his TAKS, done pretty good in classes and not had a bad week at school in a really long time. He really enjoys outside activities like fishing, fishing, and fishing some more, then shooting, shooting, and shooting some more. He also enjoys art and trying to make his brother scream at him--love that sibling rivalry. Good luck Tristan in Middle School! Love ya, Mommy


Also, today is the day that my mom left for South Korea again after being here in the states for 5 months, the longest she has been here in 4 years. They have been an interesting, learning time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! Glad to see the FLOWERS change!! I love them. They give it a happy, peaceful feel. It was easy, huh? See ya! Amorette

mad4books said...

Hey, thanks for the comment. I went to graduate school with Robert's mom & am really enjoying reading his posts! I'm not much of a traveler myself, so it's fun to get a vicarious adventure through a friend.

Congrats on the 7th grade job. When I was doing my student teaching back in 1987, I told everyone that I'd take any English or history job offered...as long as it wasn't immature 7th graders.

So what did they offer me? You guessed it--7th grade English! The kids grew on me, and I stayed in that job for nine years. Then I got my master's in Library & Information Science (w/ Robert's mom!) and STILL see 7th graders every day. (Abilene middle schools serve 6th-8th graders.)

Yeah...guess they grew on me. Like a fungus.

Have a great summer! Talk to the librarian of your school about collaborating on a lesson using the state-provided databases. You'll make an instant friend...and you can present the results of your collaboration at either the library or science conference...or BOTH!