May 17, 2008

This week as gone by so fast it seems. School is almost out and the boys can't wait for summer to be here. Clay and I went to the Dallas zoo on Thursday with his first grade class. We had a great time seeing all the new animals and enclosures they have. We all agree that the elephant, giraffe, hippo enclosure needs to be redone to be more natural. I really miss the San Diego Wild Animal Park with all the animals roaming together, getting along and more "free". All the little girls in Clay's class wanted to be in his group cause he is sooooo cute! I had to work overtime trying to keep them from touching him all the time!
Thursday night Travis and I went with Katrina and Vickie to see Rev. Horton Heat and Backyard Tire Fire at the House of Blues in Dallas. We had such a good time. RHH was awesome and BTF was pretty good too! We stayed pretty late(11:30) and The Rev wasn't done- maybe next time we can stay til the end.
Friday, I had an interview for a science position and I thought it went really well. The questions that the principal and asst asked were ones that I didn't even stumble on.....just answered the question with no "ums, likes, ands, etc". Then Tristan and Travis left for a canoeing Boy Scout camping trip down the Guadalupe! I hope they are doing just awesome! Pray that Travis has a positive time with the boys. My Saturday was full with Cub Scout Day camp training, two birthday parties, and just Saturday stuff to do- laundry, yard, groceries, misc. errands that I don't have time for during the week. We also got a new guinea pig friend. Her name is Buttercup Bacon Carpenter, of course Clay named her. He likes those long names. I suggested Reeses Peanut Butter Cup with Bacon and Biscuits Carpenter, but he didn't go for that one! :) Well, Becka and Molly really liked her, wanted to really smell her hard, but she was safe.
Ok, time for bed----have a wonderful week! Jesus loves you!

1 comment:

EVOLSIDOG said...

I named her Buttercup.

scooooooooop. lol


<3