August 31, 2008

My first week of teaching

Wow, my first week of teaching was great! I was kind of stressed because I don't get to be in my own room the first two periods, another teacher is in there 1st period and then I have meetings with my grade level during 2nd, and I didn't think I could get anything done without being in my own room, but I think I've figured it out. I can get things done, but it takes some planning. My feet were killing me by Wednesday, but now they are much better. I've gotta look for some good squishy shoes. I did have a student taken out of my class on Thurs, he was expelled and sent to special programs school, and two more were expelled for a week. It's sad when your students
make the wrong choices.

Yesterday, we went out to a skeet shoot with some family and friends and had a good time watching the shooting and shooting a little. I took some pics of the longhorns and other interesting things there. Beer Belly? Not on this kid.....Shooter extraordinaire....Please push me, please?!

Last post I totally forgot my birds, top is Charlie, a blue fronted Amazon parrot, I have had him(or her) going on 18 years! Wow, that's a long time! Then Whiskey is below, he(or her) is a double yellow head Amazon parrot. He is older than Charlie, and I got them pretty much the same time. They are really loud, but lots of fun. Singing and laughing and crying whenever I do.
Whiskey.....
Ok, have a great week everyone! I'm only going to update once a week, cause I am so tired after teaching all day I go to bed earlier now.....C YA!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! and busy and a little stressful :) I can see how frustrating it would be if you couldn't be in your own class!! But you look pretty in your pic with your hair all fixed!! So what do the students call you? I can't imagine being called "Mrs Perez"

Congrats on back to school. My kids FINALLY start Monday. Whoo Hoo!!

KatBouska said...

How exciting to be done with your first week! I hate the travelling from class to class thing, but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

I remember having a sore throat from all that talking the first week! :)

Anonymous said...

This is cool Miriam. Finally took a peek at your latest post. Lots of wonderful pictures. Hope things are going well at school and home!

Anonymous said...

mini extreme aftermarket lexus headlights suzuki 1200 bandit review 2007 saturn sky turbo 2003 volvo s80 opinion

Anonymous said...

96832.....32058