June 13, 2008

Freaky Friday

Well, it is Friday the 13th. My boys are gone to church camp in Oklahoma. The house is very quiet, so I'm playing my music very loud and just having a day off. It's weird, I love my boys and when they are around my life is never slow, there is always some argument or some new thing they want to show me. We had Cub Scout evening camp this past few days and it has really been fun! Tristan helped our little den and received his First Class Boy Scout badge on Wednesday. We made bug catcher boxes and there went all the bugs! Clay is forever bringing me new bugs he thinks the kids will love in my science class "Cause they are gross MOM!" He's the one who is always outside riding his bike, skateboard or scooter. Tristan works diligently making new "guns" or going fishing. The first day of summer there was a note on the door saying "Gone fishing, bringing back supper!" Pretty funny. They both are always going down to the creek and fetching something else from down there, wanting me to go creek-walking. This was a favorite activity when I was young with my little sis. We would just take off in shorts and a tank walking down or up the creek, swimming when necessary, usually just wading through yucky mud that would swallow your feet. But it was so much fun! We never thought of snakes, turtles, spiders, all those things I now know are there and make me kinda crazy! We have all kinds of animals in our creek, raccoons, coyotes, possums, armadillas, owls, alligator snapping turtles, red ear sliders, water snakes, frogs, toads, foxes, ducks, even badgers for a few months! Whew! Back to right now..... Ok, I'm going to try to clean up the house while the boys are gone, get their old toys and clothes together to give away. That's a job, and never very fun.
Kari Jobe's Revelation Song is on right now and I just love it! Praise to the King of Kings! You are my everything! Holy, Holy, Holy, Is the Lord God Almighty! Who was and is and is to come! And I will adore You! Wow! Amazing that God loves us so much and we Him! Love those songs! Ok, have a great day on Friday the 13th!

No comments: